Alcohol and older people
Alcohol and Older People training has been designed for those working with and supporting older people. This interactive training aims to build learners knowledge and awareness of the impact of alcohol on older people and build confidence to raise the issue and provide the necessary level of support.
The course covers the following topics:
- Alcohol: Consumption patterns and definitions of problematic alcohol use
- Short and long term effects on the mind and body
- Exploring the reasons why older people drink in relation to wider alcohol use
- Issues related to older people and alcohol related problems
- Raising the issue and sharing good practice example
- Sources of information, advice and support
Name: Alcohol & Older People Workshop
Date: 12th June 2018
Time: 9.30am to 4pm
Cost: £85 (including booking fee)
Location: Alcohol Focus Scotland, 166 Buchanan St, Glasgow G1 2LW
For more information and to book, see our EventBrite page.