- Licensing training
- Alcohol awareness training
- Alcohol and the workplace
- Children, young people and families
Workplaces and alcohol
Information and training on alcohol and the workplace.Find out more
Book an AFS training course
Please call 0141 572 6700 for more information and to book your place
Alcohol awareness training
Alcohol affects us all - 1 day training workshop
This training workshop offers information and practical help to anyone who works with people who may be affected by alcohol including practitioners in primary health care, social care, housing and voluntary organisations.
The training covers:
- Alcohol and society
- Alcohol and the drinker
- Alcohol's harm to others
- What help is available?
- What can you do to help?
- An enhanced awareness and understanding of the problems caused by alcohol in Scotland and the policies and laws that are responding to the problems.
- Knowledge of the effect of alcohol as a substance and the harm that alcohol causes to the drinker and other people.
- Greater awareness of interventions that can be offered and the services that are available.
- Increased confidence and skills to work with and support people with alcohol problems.
- An understanding of how to engage further in local activity to reduce alcohol harm.
For more information on this training please contact us