What We DoAlcohol Focus Scotland’s primary aim is to reduce the harm caused by alcohol.
We take an evidence-based, outcomes-focused approach to delivering our programmes of work through three core functions:
- Policy, research and advocacy
- Training and development
- Communication and information dissemination
Our programmes of work are based on our strategic priorities which are agreed by our Board. In seeking to reduce the harm caused by alcohol, we recognise that whole population approaches are required and all our programmes of work are informed by an understanding of both the rationale and expected health and social gains from population approaches. Our programmes of work are:
- Affordability and availability
- Public health and licensing
- Harm to others
- Supporting frontline services
- Protecting young people from alcohol marketing
Alcohol Focus Scotland is a member of the Alcohol Health Alliance UK, a network of organisations whose mission is to reduce the damage caused by alcohol.