Senior Coordinator (Policy)
£32,000 full time (34.5 hours per week).
Flexible and hybrid working: The normal place of work is 166 Buchanan Street, Glasgow, G1 2LW, however, AFS encourages flexible and hybrid working to meet the needs of the post and to accommodate the post-holder.
Who we are
Alcohol Focus Scotland (AFS) is Scotland’s national alcohol charity, committed to preventing and reducing harm to individuals, families, communities and Scotland as a whole.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a skilled policy professional to join our passionate team. You will have a varied and challenging role, providing policy and research support across a number of policy areas, including minimum unit pricing, control of the sale of alcohol through the local licensing system, alcohol marketing, and treatment and recovery. Your excellent analytical, organisational and communication skills will be vital in ensuring we meet our goal of effecting policy change in Scotland, to reduce alcohol harm and improve lives.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a fast-paced policy or practice environment
- Experience of analysing, interpreting and communicating evidence and research to support policy and practice development
- Experience of working collaboratively and strategically with external organisations and agencies to effect change
What we offer
- A competitive salary and benefits package that includes a contributory pension plan, generous annual leave entitlement and other benefits.
- A central Glasgow location, close to rail and bus stations.
- Flexible working is encouraged to meet the needs of the post and to accommodate the needs of the postholder.
- A range of formal and informal training and learning opportunities.
- The support of an organisation committed to its operational values.
- The satisfaction of working with a skilled and dedicated team to make change happen.
Alcohol Focus Scotland is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to apply
To apply, please go to https://hr.breathehr.com/v/senior-coordinator-policy-25762 to upload a Supporting Statement, demonstrating how you meet the criteria in the ‘Critical knowledge, experience and skills’ section of the job description, and your CV showing your qualifications and experience.
**PLEASE NOTE you must complete the application process and upload all documents in one session: this system does not allow you to return to edit applications.**
A Right to Work in the UK check is required for this post.
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 23 January 2023
Interviews will be held on Thursday 2 February 2023
To find out more about this role please contact Nicola Merrin