- Licensing training
- Alcohol awareness training
- Alcohol and the workplace
- Children young people and families
- Alcohol and older adults
Workplaces and alcohol
Information and training on alcohol and the workplace.Find out more
Book an AFS training course
Please call 0141 572 6700 for more information and to book your place
Alcohol awareness training
Alcohol affects us all - 1 day training workshop
This is an interactive training programme which can help ensure that you have the skills, knowledge and confidence to talk about alcohol and its harm, and signpost people affected by alcohol.
The course covers a range of topics exploring the impact of alcohol on individuals, families and society, and the support that is available.
- An enhanced awareness and understanding of the problems caused by alcohol in Scotland.
- Increased awareness of the policies and laws related to tackling alcohol issues.
- Increased knowledge of the effects of alcohol on individuals and those around them.
- Greater awareness of interventions and support services available.
- Increased confidence and skills to work with and support people with alcohol problems.
- A better understanding of how to engage in local activity to reduce alcohol harm.
For more information on this training, including costs, please get in touch. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 572 6700
Fun and interactive course with good group activities to keep you engaged. One of the most enjoyable courses I have been on.
We can also offer bespoke alcohol training courses. For example, we have previously been commissioned by South Lanarkshire Council to run a series of courses on alcohol and older people. We will train around 60 staff working in Sheltered Housing Services to increase their confidence, knowledge and skills in supporting people affected by alcohol.
Upcoming training sessions
To browse upcoming training sessions, please visit our Events page.